Monday, August 3, 2009

A Mother always worrys about her Baby

Well, Ive been thinking about staying with my mom for a few months to save some money, It will only work if she doesn't let my brother home after rehab. she keeps swearing she won't but we've been hearing that for 20 years.
interestingly enough. she called to ask what I was doing with my furniture ect. ( see, my brother still has two months of rehab left, and hasn't been accepted yet into assisted living but she is already furnishing his apartment.
The poor guy, He's 47 and she still treats him like he's 12. He needs to accumulate what he needs on his own, (actually, he needs to get a place first). The few times my brother did go out on his own in the last 30 years he always lived with someone who already had everything. He needs to learn the feeling of accomplishment, of finding the best bargain, or maybe (just maybe) working to save some money to buy the little extras that he needs, to know what the feeling is when you actually do buy something on your own, not having something because your mommy bought it for him, or he stole it. My brother is not that kind of thief. he steals, but it's usually for drugs, I can't imagine him stealing a t.v. to watch it, but I know he has stolen them to pawn off, and most of the theft unfortuantly has been the imidiate family and maybe a few close friends who have tried to help.
I could easily give him my extra tv. Except that he used to have one in his room, but while my mom was at work he took it downtown to pawn.
And before that he stole my t.v., vcr, leather jacket and jewelery while I was away travelling.
my mother covered up for him so I was unable to charge him. I don't know, what do you think, maybe a few weeks in jail would straighten him out, or at least show him there a consequences for your actions.
So, in my eyes, he has already got a tv from me, and since he has never even once tried to make amends for stealing from me. I feel he should go out on his own.
Some how, as always, he will probably end up with something just so there will be peace in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment