Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hi, this is my new blog on living with drug adiction in the family. I have a brother who is hooked on crack, unfortunatly, for more than 25 years. so now this disease also includes depression, maybe some bypolar symtoms or even some mental retardation. Unfortunatly, my mother has become the enabler, which has not helped the situation. I am one of the siblings, I also have an older brother, my father has passed on.
I will be sharing my struggles over this and hopefully some solutions to makeing my life, my brother's lives and my mothers life a little more saner.
Statistics show that one in eight families have someone who is addicted to something, either alcohol, hard drugs, soft drugs, pills ect. and the strain on the rest of the family can be just overwelming.
Stay tuned and feel free to send your comments.
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Meanwhile in California they just did a study saying that if they legalize pot they would make over 1.4 billion a year in profit, and put an end to the underworld proliferation of "Mary Jane".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah.....here is the link;
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_marijuana_taxes

    ReplyDelete